The First ever Tor Festival! Taking place from 25th-27th July in Todmorden, West Yorkshire.
The festival will be spread across three venues and 3 days, The Three Wise Monkeys, Todmorden Unitarian Church and Bare Arts.
Here’s how the line-up is shaping up so far-
Friday 25th July, 3 Wise Monkeys, doors 7.30PM –
- BBBLOOD – London (Super harzh soft rock)
- DEBBIE SHARP – Todmorden (arts METAL noise)
- ELECTRIC KNIFE BOA MELODY BAND – Leeds (Deconstructed Rock-a-billy)
Saturday 26th July, Todmorden Unitarian Church, doors 1PM –
- THE FAMILY ELAN AND GUESTS QAWWAL PARTY – Bradford (psychedelic fusion – uplifting spirit party!!)
- BEAR BONES LAY LOW – Ghent, Belgium (chair boogie on mass)
- UNITED BIBLE STUDIES – Ireland / UK (shirley bassey fronts black sabbath doing incredible string band covers)
- BRIDGET HAYDEN – Todmorden (darkest blues and greens)
- DELPHINE DORA – France (dances on ivories)
- THESE FEATHERS HAVE PLUMES – London (shimmery chill drones)
- LOBSTER PRIEST – Newcastle (heavy Turkish meal out)
- KELLY JONES & PASCAL NICHOLS – Manchester (the woodwind family and significant other music)
- BEN REYNOLDS – Glasgow (singing his heart)
Plus all day outdoor sound installation by HELMUT LEMKE – Germany / Todmorden
Tarot readings from LITTLE RED TAROT (Beth Maiden) – Todmorden
Oil lamp light show from RICHARD WARKER (Waka) – Todmorden
Day DJ – JOHNNY MUGWUMP of Exotic Pylon Records – London
Evening DJ – ALANNAH CHANCE 6music / The Butchers Apron
Plus bottle bar by Thornbridge beers – Bakewell
A Cocktail Caravan – Todmorden
Thai Food from Three Wise Monkeys – Todmorden.
Sunday 27th July, Bare Arts, doors 1PM.
- IRMA VEP – Manchester (lo-fi life affirmations)
- JASON STEEL – London (folk man who can)
Plus – Pub Quiz hosted by Tor Bookings (it’s just for fun!!)
and watch this space for an extra special do to finish the Sunday … plus we can all have a little relax!
Weekend tickets are sold out but there are £12 Saturday tickets available on the door, via the link below or behind the bar at the Three Wise Monkeys.
More info about getting there and places to stay can be found here-http://torpress.co.uk/Festival.html – buy your ticket in advance here!
Bring your friends! and ‘Welcome to our Incredible Town’ xx