A list of moments that took place between 21st – 25th July 2014.
- Travelled down to London
- Got offered a new job
- Saw my friend Alannah and her nice new gaff
- Went out for tea and spent only £4 on an amazing curry
- Went to St John’s and saw Karen O’Dwyer and Julia Holter live. Loved the church.
- Caught up with some pals after the show
- Went down to Tunbridge Wells to hang out with my old school pal and her new babe, Maya.
- Went to Cafe Oto to experience some noise boys (including Phil Julian) and drank a load of strong pale ale
- Met Delphine Dora for the first time – what a sweetheart! I love the way she says “wee-fee” for ‘wi-fi’ and the enthusiasm she displayed when presented with a free bottle of Evian at Waterloo station.
- Travelled up to beautiful Winchester to play a show at The Railway with Joe Evans and Sebastian Hegarty. Joe organised it with Matt Poacher.
- Joe showed an amazing film about the solar system and played an autoharp, I spilt my rose and lemonade on stage, Sebastian made sounds from fizzing up fossils and Delphine improvised on an old upright piano.
- Had a great glass of wine with Joe and his lovely wife Sarah.
- Delphine and I had a wander round Winchester and picked up some cheap tea towels.
- We travelled down to London on a freezing cold train.
- I went to have a long chat with my new boss and Delphine had a foot massage.
- We went over to Cafe Oto and hung out with another friend’s new baby, Owen.
- Aine O’Dwyer showed up looking like a film star!
- I played a set and didn’t spill my drink although I did mention it, Aine played her harp with her bow and fingers then Delphine went to piano town on that big grand they have there.
- We all had a GnT back at Andie’s house
- I got up super early and got in a cab back to Dalston
- Went to NTS studio to see Graham Dunning and play a few tunes there. It’s a tiny studio and I had to tell someone off outside for chatting but he took it well.
- I can’t remember what I said but it was something about Thai food.
That’s about it… the festival followed but I’ll do another report on that later.